Divya peya is a brand of a herbal or ayurvedic tea that is manufactured by Divya Pharmacy in India. This Ayurvedic tea contains a variety mixture of herbs and spices.
It is caffeine and nicotine free. Divya peya has a sweet taste and is a healthier and better option to regular tea as it provides the consumer many health benefits
On the arrival of winter season people raise the quantity of the intake of tea to keep their body warm. Therefore, according to the advice of the ayurvedic practitioners we should take herbal tea. The herbal tea contains a wide range of herbs, which helps to cure cold related diseases, stomach related diseases and psycho-related diseases. The herbs are Soma-lata, Brahmi, Citraka, Rohisha (Agiya Ghas), Marica (black pepper), Chandana, rose flower, Shweta Candana, Sunthi (dry ginger), Pippali (long pepper), Tyak or Dalchini (Cinnamon), Punarnava, Bhumyamalaki, Tej Patta (bay leaf), Jati Phala, Lavanga (Clove), flower of Banaphsha (wild violet), Tulasi (Basil leaf), Ela (Cardamom), Jati Patri, Arjuna, Ashwagandha, Mishreya (Saunf), Vasa, Shankha Puspi, Musta, Lotus flower, Cavya, Amrita, etc.
The herbal tea contains Ashwagandha which helps in preventing diseases like nervous disorders, intestinal infections and leprosy. It also helps to increase resistance to stress and build physical stamina. The herb Arjuna helps in seizing bleeding. It also cures fever, asthma, acne, diarrhea and earache. It also prevents the formation of stones in the urinary system, promotes the flow of bile and heals the wounds. The herb Brahmi is very useful in curing epilepsy, senility, hair loss, premature aging and nervous disorders. It controls the pitta of our body.
It improves the quality of sleep and relieves mental weaknesses. The herb Shankha Pushpi is useful in curing sleeping disorders reducing anxiety and stress. It also improves the power of brain. It is very useful to the nervous system and enhances the power of bone marrow. The herb Rose flower is rich in vitamin C and it is good for our heart and refreshes our mind and soul. The herb Violet helps in curing diseases like pain, emetic and inflammation.
It also helps in curing bloating and flatulence, acidity, indigestion, burping, cold triggered fever, and toothache. It also improves appetite. The herb Bay leaf (Tej-patta) contains high amount of vitamin A and C, iron and manganese and smaller amounts of calcium, magnesium and potassium. The bay leaves are useful to cure the disorders in the stomach, liver and kidney. It helps in the treatment of indigestion, flatulence, gastric, and acidity.
It can also digest the proteins that cannot be digested easily. The herb Chandana (Sandalwood) is very much useful in curing fever, releasing gas from intestine and stomach, reducing blood pressure level, relieving spams and inflammation, preventing infections, reducing anxiety and stress, increasing the discharge of urine, and improving memory power. The herb Basil leaf (Tulsi) is a virtue for the patients who often suffer from cold related diseases. Apart from this, it also cures vomiting, anxiety, constipation, indigestion, headaches and stomach cramps. It has the sedative property, which means when we take basil leaf in the form of tea we feel relaxed in the stressful days. The herb Saunf relaxes the intestines and reduces bloating. It also prevents digestive disorders, hypertension and cold related diseases.
- Divya Peya is An Ayurvedic drink, free from alcohol, having sweet taste & the best substitute for tea.
- It Promotes immunity in the body, so protects the attack of kaphaja diseases
- If by somehow there is an attack of kaphaja disease, patient gets immediate relief by its use.
- Stimulates power of digestion; strengthens body & brain, makes the brain tranquil; controls cholesterol & protects from heart-disease.
- This celestial drink strengthens the liver. The best quality of this drink is that it doesn't harm the unctuousness of milk, & is absolutely free from nicotine and caffeine. On the other hand, there are different varieties of tea which are available in the market which contain nicotine, & these cause a variety of complications like gas, constipation & hyper-acidity.
Mode of Administration:
Prepare like common tea; boil more than common tea, more boiling gives more effects of herbs added in the preparation; add sugar according to the taste.
Like a common tea, as per requirement. Add the powder equal or lesser than common tea.
The Ingredients In Divya Peya
The herbal ingredients in Divya peya
- Elettaria cardamomum
- Amomum subulatum
(Black Cardamom or Big Cardamom)
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Syzygium aromaticum
- Santalum album
- Myristica fragrans
- Myristaca fragrans
- Piper nigrum
- Rosa centifolia
- Nelumbo nucifera
- Withania somnifera
(Ashwagandha or Indian Ginseng)
- Ephedra gerardiana
(Somlata or Joint-Pine)
- Onosma bracteatum
- Foeniculum vulgare
- Plumbago zeylanica
(Chitrak or Doctorbush)
- Adhatoda vasica
Health Benefits Of Divya Peya, The Ayurvedic Tea
Enumerated below are some of the several health benefits that this Ayurvedic tea offers to consumers.
- Relief from stress and improved sleep quality and duration.
- Enhancement of brain power and keeps the mind cool.
- Prevents respiratory problems like cough, cold, etc.
- Boosts immunity levels, therefore prevents the diseases caused by increase of kapha; in case there has been an attack of kapha disease, the patient gets relief faster.
- Stimulates the digestive system, strengthens the body.
- Prevents the formation of gas, acidity and constipation.
- Controls cholesterol levels.
- Strengthens the liver.
- Protects from heart problems.
- Best of all, this tea does not harm the unctuousness of milk.
How To Make Divya Peya Ayurvedic Tea
To make 1 cup of tea, add 1 teaspoon of divya peya tea powder to a cup of water.
Boil for 3 to 5 minutes to extract the various nutrient compounds. Boiling for a longer time extracts more beneficial compounds from the herbs.
Strain and add milk and honey to taste. Use sugar, in place of honey, if you so prefer.